View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 08:25 AM   #93
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Default Re: WS Fiesta - Alternative Long Term Review

Exactly: that's what other places told me: they didn't want to touch a virtually brand new car for warranty reasons. And yes, I've told both dealerships and CRC there must be a fault with a sensor/ECU (I'm not a mechanic but every other joint has told me it's running lean, that's where the ping comes from) but Ford simply shrug their shoulders and say it's a characteristic of the car, which is truly alarming. The fault itself is disappointing but it's Fords handling of the process that's made the situation so bad: I was hoping to keep the car after the lease period expired, now there's no way (I've been quoted anywhere from $6.5 to $10K for a new engine fitted and installed) so that means some poor person will have a very nasty surprise not too far in, and they'll be turned off buying a Ford ever again like myself. If Ford had handled the situation properly from the get go there would be no issue, but, considering I bought the car from Dale Ford (now bust) nothing about their attitude towards their customers and products surprises me.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote