Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 15-06-2019, 03:23 PM   #323
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Mowing ..

I guess i find out tomorrow, but i addressed the vaccum leak behind the carb on my snipper this morning. My proof of concept was a light smear of roofers silicone on the gasket that looked shot and it went from not working to working great with a piece of old fuel line keeping the choke partially on. The silicone was only minimal, but it proved a point. So in my travels this morning i picked up a tube of high temp gasket goo. Upon pulling the carb off, yeah, it doesnt take a rocket surgeon to see the gasket is crumbling. Cleaning off the silicone took all of about 30 seconds, i went light on it. So i still went light with the gasket goo but a bit more thorough. Pressed the shot gasket down just to make sure nothing got into places it shoudnt. Did the same with the surface between the carb and gasket, had a minor spooge to clean up, then went to town on the area where the gasket was non existant anymore. That area was the furthest away from the intake port so im not concerned. It spooged outwards. In my mind, the line between it running good, running good but still having a vaccum leak so minor chokage, and me stuffing it up is a very thin line. If it runs good with a minor vaccum leak im happy enough, but not happy if i have stuffed it. Next step is get rid of the gasket all together.
But with my proof of concept i did run the thing for 5 hours flat stick over the long weekend and it loved every minute of it. All the service items i have replaced i also replaced in the snipper of the bloke who rents my granny flat. Today i picked up a new fuel cap for his as it leaked. So for 2 snippers with new fuel lines, filters, return lines, prumer bulbs, spark plugs and a tube of goo and a fuel cap its been under $100 investment i have footed. Cant really argue about the cost, and with the tools out, it doesnt take twice the time to do 2.

Last edited by .:4:.; 15-06-2019 at 03:29 PM.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: