Thread: XC Cobra #140
View Single Post
Old 28-02-2010, 03:39 PM   #80
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351 DUDE
Wow Paul, very nice job its great to see the how great a resto can become when you have a keen eye for detail and also be organised.
I too love the xc cobra and after i finish my xa gt and gs fairmont, the next one will be a cobra.I have been on the look out for one not really worried about number or options but prefer one needing a full resto.
If by chance you hear of one coming up for sale please pm me' cash in fist waiting.
good luck :
Thanks for you kind words.

I personally don't know of any around in the condition that are looking for, however, they do come up every now and then.

I got the interior parts back yesterday, very nice!

Drivers side armwrest

Console

Dash

I also had two old A pillar moulds repaired and painted. The one closest to the camera is an NOS one (with a bit of dust on it) and the other is the repaired one. Slightly darker in colour, or perhaps more of a sheen on it, but as I got both sides done, the NOS one goes back in the draw and you wont notice any difference.

I also have the new brake lines as well

Still waiting on the instrument cluster as well as the AC unit to come back. Will then put all the interior in.

I had planned on doing some work on the car last Thursday, but as it was about 42 degrees, I thought that working in the shed would be a bad move :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranciafalcon
After we talked on the phone I had to go look at your posts again.

Mmmmmm Nice!!!!
Hi Rob, apologies for not giving you a call. I have been on a short break this time and have been concentrating on getting this thing done!!!!!

Will catch up in mid March.
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote