View Single Post
Old 30-03-2007, 01:03 PM   #13
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Had the same problem ... had it booked in to get fixed ... the bugger died while doing deliveries the day before (bloody Murphy's Law).

Got the high pressure hose replaced on the back of the power steer pump anyway the next day ... I had NRMA replace the alternator on the side of the road for $300 ... which i thought wasn't too bad for an emergency.

I knew it was going to happen ... I had the battery light come on a fair bit and it would go away under revs ... but when it went ... everything went haywire on the dash ... lights flickered on and off ... gauges went all over the place ... and then I had a coasting car in traffic with no power.

I was lucky I had a car park coming up ... I chucked it in N to keep it coasting ... and got ready with the brakes (as there was no power for them either) ... was and interesting stop with HEAVY steering.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote