View Single Post
Old 17-07-2018, 08:31 PM   #190
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Single use plastic bag ban by govmint

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
Would you like to post up some evidence to support that claim?

Here's my (very quick search) evidence to support the contrary position.

As I said, "In Australia the only way your plastic bag kills a dolphin, is if you carry it to the beach and throw it in. "
Nothing you have said, not your link, contradicts my statement in any way.

Unlike many third-world nations, we don't dump our garbage into open drains, rivers, or the ocean. Even garbage flushed down the dunny cannot reach the ocean.
The only way our garbage reached the ocean is if we choose to litter. That is a statement of FACT.

Notwithstanding its irrelevance, your linked article is still pile of straw-man twaddle. Saying that Australians are responsible for Australian litter is hardly earth-shattering.
But nobody is pointing to Australia as an example of the problem. Everybody refers to the acres of plastic in our major oceans, so an analysis of where THAT comes from, would be the only point of relevance.

I spend a lot of time on the water.
I could be wrong, but its my personal observations that most breweries have moved to cardboard packaging (at least for glass?) Certainly the plastic packing, and 6-pack yokes (previously?) used for cans, was an extremely dangerous form of litter. One of the remaining problems is the brightly coloured plastic lids from soft-drink bottles. Very attractive, and often fatal, to sea-life.

But the fact remains, that this is a litter problem. It doesn't matter what my waste is composed of, at the end of the day it comes ashore and goes in the bin. Trying to stop bogan-trash from littering by controlling the use of shopping bags is a thoroughly pointless exercise.
The irony is, that if you let them keep their plastic bag, they might just use it to store their rubbish, and put it in the bin at the end of the day.

Last edited by PG2; 19-07-2018 at 05:27 PM. Reason: You are still not getting it. Next time you have a go at someone warnings will be issued.
5 users like this post: