Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 08:42 AM   #3269
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
Man thats a nice bike, pity about the YT though.

Not long till i head to Canada to ride for 2 weeks, pretty bloody excited. A trail called top of the world has been included if we want to ride it. Totally going to give it a crack thats for sure.
That sounds like a blast. Few years back my son and I did NZ. We were at a place in Rotorua riding specific trails all marked with a rating . We had heard so much about the park and we were a little taken back that the trails were that narely. We stopped for a chat and met a group . All on downhill specific bikes and I was surprised as we hadn't come across any downhill runs. They invited for us to join them . We did. Us on XC bikes - 100mm and the group on bikes with travel close to 200mm. I will never forget following the group through this trail - railing the trail and then breaking through this canopy and watching the riders in front of me jump off this northshore bridge about 6m long and no wider than a 1m and it was about 5m off the end back to the ground. I stopped on the wooden bridge and had to walk the bike back to terra firma. The group below telling encouragement to make the jump. No way . Found the alternative route down and we re joined the group. At each section with another northshore bridge we were alerted before we entered the jump from hell. Top group and both my son and I couldnt stop smiling .
Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: