View Single Post
Old 18-11-2017, 01:06 PM   #55
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Default Re: Bob Lutz - ":Everyone will have 5 years to get their car off the road or sell it for scrap.”

This sort of thing is a pipe dream for big Govt.

It would require an entire rebuild of our transport infrastructure and a total change of people's mindsets before we even see the beginnings of this and in my opinion, if everything went their way, at least 50 years away.

I think we might see autonomous cars on the roads in the next 5-10 years but it will be a very small niche market, much like EV's are today.

When you consider how easy it is to hack into computer networks today, all it will take is for a few of these self-driving vehicles to be "hijacked" with fatal consequences and people will simply refuse to use them on a regular basis...

This type of scenario will probably even put an end to the autonomous car concept altogether when people eventually realise the importance of being in control of their cars, much like they should be in control of their own lives and not putting their faith in AI to dictate their fate.

Ok... I'm digressing but I think you get the idea

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: