View Single Post
Old 11-05-2022, 09:34 PM   #45
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Good value second hand cars - COVID times, Falcon/Commodore tax

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldel View Post
Like I mentioned in the other thread, seriously thinking about landrovers.
But that's only because of where I work dealing in 4x4 gear. My boss has a ranger but got insulted because it wasn't the new model (they're ordering a new dual cab landcruiser but of course a 1 year waiting list at least)

I think if they got classic old 4x4 no one can pull you up on the fact it's 3 years old if it's a classic 30-40 year old and that's the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo
Here's one - what about second hand 4x4s that aren't Toyota or Nissan?

Land Cruiser and Patrol have gone absolutely crazy, even the unpopular unleaded variations that used to sell for sub $10K are now well over $20K, and diesel, forget about it.

What other out the box options are now 'in the box' because of the prices of the usual suspects?
Yep, my young fellow did just this during 2020-1 and Toyaniski prices going mental was a contributor, so he got a LR with all the time to go 4wding. The early Disco has appreciated in price a little since, too. He didn't get negged for it at all, the other offroad guys loved the V8 rumble and roar. Maintenance wise, he got a good one, that had been maintained well. Little electrical stuff has occurred, like indicators needing replacement switch unit, but it's a 28 year old car! Overall, very reliable so far. Daily driver and work beast.