View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 06:52 PM   #17
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Fiesta problem - Speedo drops to Zero intermittently

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschen View Post
Guys,

I hope it is okay to revive this old thread.

Our my 2006 Ford Fiesta WQ LX started exhibiting the same speedometer issue a few months ago, and it has progressively gotten worse. Basically, the speed on the speedometer will drop to zero intermittently (half the duration of the trip, started off being 10-20% of the trip). Apart from the speedometer not displaying the speed, there is no other issue/symptom.

Does anyone know the part number of the speed sensor?

My local mechanic said after diagnosing the issue, the speed sensor needs to be replaced. He contacted the local Ford dealer, and Ford wants $215 for the speed sensor without providing him with the part number!

So appreciate it if someone who has ordered the replacement speed sensor can provide the part number so I can buy online, instead of paying $200+ from Ford directly.
For the auto the speed sensor is 3N217J148AA.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote