View Single Post
Old 25-01-2009, 10:54 PM   #4
Ford_capri_gt
Starter Motor

Hey mate
I was going to restore it to origanal condition, Found out its a 69 1600gt and been told they never had complience plates on them in 69(not from the seller).
But when i got there it needed alot more work done then he had said, 75-85% of the car is great condition but from the front door sills up is pretty much stuffed,The engine bay and gearbox tunnel has been hacked and bashed to piece to fit a v8,the bit of floor rust isnt very bad but the sills are pretty bad but them 2 are pretty repairable its just the engine bay and gearbox tunnel thats going to be a big job if it can be done at all.So only because it was a gt and i thought it was worth trying to salvage because the back end was so good i offerd him a lower price and took it.

But my next step is trying to find a decent front half cut i can use to save all that time and effort in trying to repairing the engine bay even if its a 70`s model i will just use my slam panel where there chassis code is so no one that isnt smart enough will know its not the origanal front end there for no longer an origanal gt.

Will keep u updated anyway, if i have too i can make my money back in all the parts anyway,but hope to restore her to her glory days

I didnt word it too good so might be abit hard to understand
Ford_capri_gt is offline   Reply With Quote