View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 12:27 PM   #73
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Century Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Gee, we're off to a great start here, go looking for ACDelco and lets see what these places say about them
I've already bought a Supercharge one on your word. Will be holding you to it.

Even if it does crap out earlier than expected I managed to get it at a good price - $164.

I was going to get a Delkor from R&J, but they've gone up to $194. Big jump from the $160 I last priced them at a couple of years back. No ACDelcco in hick town either.

Speaking of price rises, I got a set of Bridgestone RE003 for POS Ghia a week ago. $199 a tire. Far cry from the $155 or $159 Dad paid about 26 months ago. Guy told me there was a price rise hitting on the 1/7. They've gone up to $219 now. $60-odd in just over 2 years is almost epic.

Happy I got them on a buy 4 pay for 3 deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Wonder if all the extra electronics that cars have these days could be another problem as well with parasitic loads on batteries while the car is off.
Aside from that I've always been curious of a modern variable voltage PCM controlled alternators effect on a battery. The batteries in our BF's don't seem to last as long.

The only time I see over 14v charging is for a few mins after turning the car on. Then it will drop to high 13's for a bit. But most of the time it runs between high 12's and low 13's.

POS Ghia came with a near new Century 57EF battery. It's about 3.5 years old now. Seems to be performing well with no hint of a problem.

Although if you tilt the battery a little the charge indicator goes red. Like the there isn't enough liquid in the cell. Put it back flat and it stays red, but go for a drive and it goes green again.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: