View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 12:25 AM   #34
XA_GT351
Supreme Machine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEL
Well tell more.
it happend a few years before the australian ford forums was up and running about 2004, this car was found in the shed as in the first pic, had a very nice body no rust at all, was just a rolling shell 6cyl falcon 500, someone painted it with a xa left door and an xb right door ?? we bought 2 complete coupes an xb gs and an xa fairmont for $500 each, this car was built up using those and using a zg fairlane running gear, i think the only parts we ended up buying seperatly were the rear wheel arch moulds and the honeycomb strip, it was built on a very tight budget doing everything ourselves,

To keep a long story short, after heading back from sydney just out of goulburn we stopped for a full tank of fuel, after getting back on the fwy a semi rear ended us, was like a unexpected burst of speed, g force like nothing i have ever experienced, like going from 0-120 in 3 seconds, After sheering a few trees off there roots stopping on the median strip, we got greeted by the driver of the truck and claimed we didnt have out lights on, i was just absolutley furious at this guy, and then to make things better he said the car was fixable.... and then from there i pretty much went onto rage mode.

1960 FB Holden Wagon, Yellow, 192, 4spd,

My XA Build-Up
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...&page=10&pp=25

Last edited by XA_GT351; 04-05-2008 at 12:45 AM.
XA_GT351 is offline   Reply With Quote