View Single Post
Old 13-05-2018, 12:40 PM   #64
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: HSV imports Camaro, Silverado...tweeks Colorado.

I see the HSV Colorado ad's are well and truly out and about right now . I suppose the Camaro ones will be coming fairly soon now , given that it's supposed to go on sale early in the new financial year , about mid July last time I read about it . IF I was a GM fan and if I wanted one bad I suppose spending 90K would be okay and being HSV built they'd do a quality job .

Surmising that this'll be a 'dip the toe in the water' experiment from the General before a real commit to limited RHD world markets will go ahead . The nominal figure is 1000 apparently to sell initially in OZ.

Don't take this seriously because it's really just a 'pie in the sky ' stuff but wouldn't it be great if GM through HSV and Ford via Tickford etc were given licence to build RHD versions of the higher spec and optioned Camaro's and Mustangs for small markets within and outside of Australia for target markets in the Souhern Hemisphere/Pacific region ?.

Not outright manufacturing by any means but a bit like when NZ used to assemble Falcons at least in the 1970's. These were stock XA's I think.
I found this some time ago .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VUrNWRY7dw&t=13s . I wonder did Holden ever do this too .

Last edited by roddy1960; 13-05-2018 at 12:47 PM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote