View Single Post
Old 17-02-2017, 11:36 PM   #24
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Default Re: Millennial drivers are highway hazards, survey shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
That's true. You could also go back in a time machine and it still would be relevant.

40 years ago the young un's were still the most dangerous drivers on the road.
Only difference is back then they were all drink driving regularly. Now the young ones are texting while driving regularly.

If I had a dollar for every baby boomer and Gen x who has said to me something like
"We used to drink at the pub for 5 hours non stop then drive home ****faced, but it was a different time back then", I would have enough to put it in a 40 year term deposit and save for a house deposit.

Yeah it was a different time back then, like your cars had drum brakes, no crumple zones, no air bags, no TCS, ABS, TCS, and all the other acronyms we have these days.

Both my parents and a variety of older relatives and work mates have some stories about being it pretty bad car crashes when they were young. Smashing through peoples fences, police chases, cars rolling multiple times, and so on. In most of these situations the driver was under the influence of alcohol.

Me personally I once had a friend who ran into the back of someone at the traffic lights.
Yeah nowadays we can only drink maybe 3 or 4 pints then drive home. Can't be too obvious to bystanders who will dob ya in...

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote