Thread: Drags
View Single Post
Old 31-03-2009, 08:12 PM   #12
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

We have quite a few BA / BF XR's and GT's as customers at work. And after talking to them before or after servicing, most of them do not use 98. Alan Lovedays BA GT that we service has been running quite happily on the united E10, which is a 95. We also service all the XR6 Turbos for the Highway patrol boys in Kempsey and now we are doing some highway cars from Port, they all run normal unleaded. The nearest United to me is Alan's servo where he doesn't have the boost, and the next nearest is the one at Telle Point. I dont have a favorite or prefered fuel, its just the shell servo is so handy for me, and ive had no probs until Sunday, and the only place that sells 98 in Wauchope is the Shell. I thought can it happen twice in a row....but it didn't. Ive been meaning to use the BP Ultimate, but ive have not had the chance yet, and they dont sell it in Kempsey. Ive never heard of octane booster affecting plugs, but for the heck of it i will pull them out during the week and have a look and ill let you know.
1974 XB COUPE
NO TRACTION AT EASTERN CREEK

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN
COLD AIR INTAKE BY PERFORMER SHAKERS
FULL X-FORCE QUAD TIPPED EXHAUST SYSTEM
thunderoo is offline   Reply With Quote