Thread: ST24 v6
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 05:02 PM   #21
Skellibert

Default Re: ST24 v6

Well folks - a few days of driving it and I am happy with the car.
A few things have come up with it, some of them associated with it not being properly driven for some time.
The air con is not cold - it was on the first drive from the buyer to me home - not ice cold, but it was definitely cooling. Not now - it will need to be checked, but I hope a regas will do it.
There is a noisy bearing on the front of the engine - the most likely suspect is the water pump.
The seat belts are quite short. my adult kids are all not small - not seriously overweight, but all tall and not supermodels, and we all only just fit in the front seat belts. We have to work on our part of the problem of course….

The only other issues I am having are all to do with the fact that it goes a lot harder than I was expecting and so I can't really play too much with it.

It is great to go from the lights and run it out to 5k or so in first, second, thir….. oh wait we are at the speed limit already...

I have hit a couple of corners enthusiastically, but it hangs on better than I was expecting, and there is only so much one can do without getting seriously into hoonland.
For a front driver, it handles well.
For the first time I am seriously thinking about getting some track time. No other car that I have owned has done that to me.

Don't get me wrong here folks - it is not a supercar, and won't likely outrun too many half serious modern cars, but there is something about it that makes me want to try it out properly. To do so on the road though would be irresponsible.
I have driven cars that would no doubt be faster, but they are just boring, and I have owned cars that are fun but not fast.

This little beast seems to be entertaining to drive and quickly illegal if you do so.
Skellibert is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: