View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #89
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: who amongst us have gone solar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal
Sorry if its been answered already - but for those who are on Solar - what happens when there is a power outage? Does your system keep you self sufficient or are you still at the mercy of the energy providers?
my inverter needs power from the grid to "energise" the system......a small amount of power is sent into the inverter to initialise it so if the grid power fails it will not energise and does not send any power out

so no it will not be any good during a power outage

just to answer a couple of questions that have been raised with false content

the average usable amount of sunlight to fall on the mid section of Australia is around 6 hours.....thereby any system that is facing north, unshaded and angled correctly will receive that amount

thereby a 5 kilowatt system averaging 6 hours per day will produce 30 kilowatts on average per day

30 kilowatts X .44c = $13.20....per day

a 5 kilowatt system can cost as little as $8,799 from http://solardelight.com.au/system_pa...s_tn_494kw.php

given that is $369.60 per month production the system will be paid off within a couple of years, how is that a bad thing

also it must be remembered that the power bill will be severely reduced!

these facts were found after a couple of minutes of searching on the net, I don't know anything about the company but their are heaps of companies out there

I don't know what subsidies are available or rebates that are applicable, but a little research can find that out!

but just do your homework before making your mind up!.....as I say HONEST figures

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!

Last edited by poppa smurf; 11-02-2012 at 11:37 AM.
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote