View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #68
Stagg
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: who amongst us have gone solar

When I moved from WA to VIC I had sold a system to some of my partners parents family friends, because I sold a few systems to them and they were all happy that I was there on site during the install to make sure that they had everything etc...

Anyway just before I moved, their panels arrived in the warehouse, and I labelled them and took down the serial numbers, and sent a photo to the family friend who was buying them, so she knew that it wouldn't take very long.

So after I moved, I told the installer which panels are going where, and he booked them in. When I went back to visit Perth in December, I asked them how the system was going. They said that they went somewhere else, and I thought... what? didn't you get the picture I sent of your panels? she said she had, and what happened was:

"You were fine, the panels arrived into the warehouse when you said they would, but after you and Hannah moved we didn't hear back from your boss, so we called him and he said that there were no panels in stock, even though you sent me the picture of our panels. The installer then came out and tried to sell us a larger system or increase the installation price for the same sized system that we were going to go for".

So understandably, I did the right thing, and after I left they got screwed over. It left me pretty red-faced...

Sometimes it seems like it's up to the individual rather than the business, for example I always give my mobile number to my customers so that in case they can't reach me or if they were told something else, they can always contact me directly. Customer service and ethical salesman still exist

I had a friend in Perth who started working as an admin girl at Modern solar a little while ago and I slapped my head (if you know how the modern group works), and she didn't understand why until she got laid off because she was one of the less professional sounding girls