View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 01:10 AM   #18
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oziwally
hmmm just realised they are only a 35mm drop, was after about 60mm
Do they have different height springs?
They do a sportline range (about 50mm drop), but I’m pretty certain they don’t make them for the MkII Focus. If you want to retain any semblance of ride quality and not have to worry about scraping every time you go near a speed hump (or even the lip on most driveways for that matter), then don’t go 60 mm lower.

As Uni has also mentioned, it will seriously upset the suspension geometry of the car. At 60 mm lower, the ride will be very ‘choppy’, the car will very likely ‘tram track’ badly, the suspension will continually run out of travel and hit the bump stops. It’s also likely to cause premature wear of tyres and other suspension components.

The Eibachs are a good compromise because they will improve the look and handling of your car without compromising the ride quality too much, and you will still be able to drive through carparks and into people’s driveways without losing your exhaust system in the process!

Still, if it’s purely aesthetics you are chasing, then you probably won’t be happy with just a 35mm drop, so I’d give the Eibachs a miss.
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote