Old 16-04-2024, 05:18 PM   #5732
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Council sticker lickers.

Absolute arseholes with a hero complex.

Had to take a group of OSHC kids to the cinemas on the Parade at Norwood today, only place you can stop 2 75 seat coaches anywhere near the location is in the metro bus zone.
Pulled up, hazard lights on, kids get off, sticker licker pops out of nowhere and books us both. We explain the situation, not interested.
Rang our office, nowhere else to stop so have to do it again at pickup time, old mate again appears from nowhere and pings us again.
$160 per ticket x4 for being there a total of 5 minutes.

What ****es me off is Councils allow these types of businesses that cater to large groups in their entertainment hubs and then fail to provide safe access for groups of that size to be dropped off and picked up.

The irony is, that earlier in the day I was doing rail replacement shuttles due to industrial strikes and were asked to stop for passengers at bus stops for the same Government thats just booked me for....stopping at a bus stop.
For starters, state government and local council are two different entities, just think you had an overzealous parking inspector on the day, the bus company can appeal the tickets if they wish to.
As an employee I would not bother about the tickets unless there were other alternatives to your parking needs.

Cheers
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote