View Single Post
Old 26-10-2018, 03:22 PM   #24
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: Takata Airbag Recall

Well that were a lovely event, nice people, were seen to as I walked up to the Service Apron. Handed the keys over at 8am just as they opened and were told it'll be ready by 10am. I didn't get back to them till 11.40 and as I were walking up the Apron again I see my vehicle idling forward entering the bay, thinking my god this is going to take ages so into the Service desk I go.

I see the gentleman I consulted with and he immediately says 'Oh there's been a bit of a hold up on your vehicle, I'll go and check to see where we're at'. I didn't mind knowing it's just rolled into the workshop and proceed to check out the Mustang GT, Everest, Ranger ect. So no more than what felt like 5mins pass I go sit down at the table thinking it'll be a while. But 2mins into that, literally, didn't even get a forum post in and the guy is walking up with the key and paperwork....'Hello it's done..you can pick it up'.

Walk over to the vehicle and he tells me the steering wheel has been replaced with new airbag module. Top stuff Trinity Ford. Feels weird to have a new steering wheel after having the perfectly fine yet shiny old one. The cruise control and audio button switches are the same, I see they cleaned it all down but happy to have some movement on the recall. After all it is hot and humid in the tropics even though I don't have an alpha bag. Oh had to reset 'auto windows' as the battery were disconnected as expected.