View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 09:01 AM   #15
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Takata Airbag Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
You will find that those words are stipulated to be in there by the ACCC as per the generic ad that's on TV. I would like to see what other manufacturers letters also state as it sounds like a law thing.

It also sounds like the dealer did not know what they were talking about as the Mondeo was always part of the recall, it was just released later as there were no parts to support it in the beginning.
You may be correct so far as the ACCC requirement is concerned, but, if as you have stated elsewhere, the problem airbag was never fitted to Ford vehicles marketed in Australia then I think that a less confrontational statement or some follow up comment explaining the "why" of the need for airbag replacement would have been good.

And it wasn't just the Dealer. The same information was provided by Ford Customer Service which was "the air bag in your vehicle does not need replacement" when in fact replacement is mandated and evidently has been for some time. Somebody is telling fibs here.

Now I know about the supply problem and thus the need for a delay in effecting the repairs - but I wasn't aware of the mandated requirement - and this being the case why did Ford communicate to me quite incorrect information? I contacted the Dealer first and was surprised at about the answer I received, which is why I made a second call to FCS and got the same response.

I stand by my comment that Ford are damaging their brand by providing non factual information to owners.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote