View Single Post
Old 14-09-2017, 06:04 PM   #68
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Australia - 'No Infrastructure'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Bullet View Post
Only read the first link.

Why does this continually happen? The new Perth Childrens Hospital was basically completed 18 months ago but it's still not open due to "contamination issues." In this particular case I agree with the decision to keep it closed because it's lead contamination, in a childrens hospital.

Sure governments have their share of the blame but the companies doing the building have nothing to do with government. They can't seem to finish any job on time - or budget. Do the so-called penalties really get applied?

Outsourcing to other countries sucks too. Our new sports stadium can't host anything because the pedestrian bridge is sitting in Malaysia. Can't we build a friggin pedestrian bridge here?
They do get applied.

I work on alot of infrastructure and it aint as simple for a builder to just get the job done. Trust me we want to just get on with it, time is money. The faster wew build it the faster we get paid.

Government contract are onerous, the builder usually gets left holding the bag.

The builder is usually pushed to breaking point by over-zealous govco PMs.

Currently on a hospital project and govco has managed to burn serveral builders on previous stages...and the trend is continuing..
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: