View Single Post
Old 17-11-2018, 01:04 PM   #1764
spvd02

Default Re: 2018 Ranger Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
I think Rebels may have sold their demo recently, saw it parked in the ARB shop carpark a few doors up this morning.

What i found interesting was then when i enquired about it a few weeks ago they told me their allocation was all spoken for and that the demo had to be kept for 6 months, however, they could let it go if someone wanted it.

It left me thinking, so they had enough orders to fill their allocation but not an extra buyer on the list of a limited supply vehicle to put a name on the demo until now, 5 weeks later, thats if its sold.
They're fighting an up-hill battle trying to flog it off with that engine. While entirely adequate in a performance sense, it doesn't come near to expectations for what is supposed to be a performance vehicle. We all know that, and so do they. They are now left in a position where they need to convince us otherwise.

It looks like a great vehicle. Maybe one day Ford will admit that they gave it the wrong engine. For me, the ideal choice would be a 2.7tt v6 petrol. Imagine how many people would be interested then! Fuel economy would be acceptable, performance amazing, NVH excellent... it would be the complete package, not the compromised 'performance' vehicle it is now.
* Mods: Fox cat-back exhaust, Simota CAI, larger intercooler, Spider iMode chip-tuning plug in.

Engine responds very well to mods, but auto gearbox can become unsettled trying to cope with the extra torque. Good fuel economy overall: 9-12L/100km city, 8L/100 country.
spvd02 is offline   Reply With Quote