View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 10:32 AM   #57
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 
Default Re: Tunnel ram carbs

Alright. apologies for the wait. It is still hot, 41* outside, no a/c upstairs and downstairs is just hanging in there. Anyhow I bypassed of the checks and bull**** servers do and was able to get this and shut it down.

So the STD Air Correction Factor is 1.0333. Works like this:

238.76 x 1.0333 = 246.71 corrected hp @ 5k rpm.

At this point, don't make judgements, just take the info in.

In my ideal world in which I work, my expectation would be 278.80 RWHP from your combination as measured by a Dynojet inertial dyno. Inertia dynos and load dynos give very different numbers.

That works out to about 7.5% less VE% and ~40cfm less of air compared to what I would like to see.

There is a lot we don't know about the combination. The mufflers and resonators can make a big difference. The lengths make a bigger influence on engine output than most realize. In a closer to ideal world your exhaust would be 2.81" diameter twin pipes. I can guarantee the primary pipes of your headers are too large in diameter. "They" always do that for 2V Clevelands. The lengths? A question mark. Same for your intake manifold runner lengths.

All in all, your power output and carb utilization is probably in the ballpark of where it should be.

The AFRs are on the lean side. Move them from around 13:1 to 12.5:1 under full throttle load and you've got some hp gains right there.

I wouldn't recommend making changes to the exhaust system unless you already have plans for that. Everything you have might be good enough as they are.

You might have some heavy, high tension piston rings that will cost some power. Even the weight of oil the engine was machined for and type of oil pump can have an impact. Electric fans? makes a difference.

Point being, you are in the ball park. Some weekend tinkering stands a chance at making some gains.

Assuming your engine rpm's quicker now could be a reason why the secondaries are not opening as much as before and why the move to the 8.5 PV.

I'd say drive it around and enjoy it. When you decide it's time to tinker with it, give some thought about the bang for the buck. I woukd focus in the AFRs first.

Cheers.
solarite_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: