View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 10:13 PM   #805
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

I put my work ute in for a long overdue service today and i was given full access to choose from the 3 spare cars we have for the day. Option 1 was plausable. My old van, completely empty to throw some tools and gear in, its interior is a bit dirty from tip runs since i gave it back but its just dirt. Option 2 was the stocked up van from an ex employee, but that thing is a biohazard. Its pure filth and rotten scraps in the front. So i went with option 3. Option 3 was offered to me even though its off limits to the other boys. So all our cars are manuals exept my managers ute and his old one which i took today. It was so nice being stuck in traffic in an auto v6 hi lux. The ute itself is showing signs of interior wear with its 200 thousand kays but the motor and 5 speed auto are good. It doesnt mind spinning a tyre either unintentionally with the cheese cutters on it. It was nice being back in an auto. And petrol is a bit more point and shoot then the diesel i drive, but after a service and cleaning out a few hundred kgs of crap and over orders from the past 2 years (that took 4 or more hours with 2 people) my ute feels like a different car to drive. The ranger is a nicer car to be in trim wise, but the hi lux can get out of its own way a bit easier. So it wasnt a bad day at all. My boss blew my manager up though about me taking the lux. Its already been sold but not picked up. Not my problem....
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote