View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 07:12 PM   #3415
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: All things Solar (merged threads)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra View Post
Am thinking of installing a new 3-4Kw solar system on a small rental cottage. Am getting good quotes for around $3K.
But now thinking I might hold back until storage batteries are more common place.
Realistically, how close are we to this?
Whats a battery worth these days?
well interesting part of the read is the cottage is a rental ! are you the renter or rentee ?
im under the understanding that they (western power/synergy) wont approve it unless your the owner or have their consent and wont enter in to a tariff setup with you unless as well your the owner

cant tell you much bout solar power batteries , but I believe the price is still up around the 10 to 15k mark for one
I have a 3Kw system
was installed with only half the panels when new back in (I think) 2011
so a few months ago I managed to pic up a system like mine that was being uninstalled to make way for a larger system and used the panels (as they were the same as mine) to finish my system
so if your interested I have a 3kw inverter here

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote