View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 03:42 PM   #16
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Default Re: Rear IRS bushes/rear end maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Hi guys, slightly off topic, just wondering if you knew whats the latest & best fix for the AU irs rear shock top mount's? Mine are nearly stuffed & i'm looking at options atm. I know Sox was doing some good remade one's for a while, not sure were he's at with those at the moment?

I don't really want to turn the large washer over as that changes the suspension geometry & could wear out other components in the irs imo.

Hi mif73, i read your nice thread on a fix for this issue, if i can ask, how has that method held up over time? Are you still using that idea at all?

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

cheer's, Maka
Hi Maka.
As you have stated, dont turn the top plate to face down. Its just all kinds of wrong.

As for my mod it is holding up ok though I dont drive it every day. I have probably only covered 8000km since the mod and I dont have the Konis on firm either so it will prelong the top mounts.
I may also add an au front strut top rubber drilled to fit under the top hat for reinforcement.

I did enquire briefly with Superpro and they may be able to rebond the mount with polyurethane, they just need a sample. So dont throw your old moumts out yet guys.

Cheers.
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: