View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 11:37 PM   #4
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Default Re: Rear IRS bushes/rear end maintenance

Hi. I have not replaced all the bushes in the au irs but i have replaced the upper and lower outer spherical joints with the arms in situ. I used a high tensile bolt and nut with spacers etc and a rattle gun to pull the old joints out and pull the new ones in. Soak them with a spray on penetrant for 10 minutes before trying to remove them.
As for the rear sway bar I think you can loosen the front diff mount and drop it enough to pull the sway bar out. You may still have to remove one half shaft, not sure.
Good luck.

PS: The half shafts are splined and slide into the hub secured by a pacnut.
If rebuilding the hub use name brand bearings and make sure there are no score marks on the hub.
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.

Last edited by mif73; 09-08-2015 at 11:46 PM.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: