View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 11:53 PM   #131
Eurotrash

Default Re: Vfacts January 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
So where else apart from Australia would take a RHD Edge/Endura?
I would assume that Ford Australia's decision to go with Endura is long term knowing a 7-seater Escape was being developed.

If Ford HQ decide it's not worth building a RHD Edge or more importantly a future all-new RHD version where does that leave local product supply of suitable vehicles?

All new Ecosport, Escape 5 seater and Escape 7 seater, Endura 5 seater, Everest and Explorer , Bronco and one or two not yet formally announced would make a great portfolio....if they could all be built in RHD......and Lincoln Aviator just for me
I'm guessing it would leave the Endura as a 'one hit wonder' for the Australian market, if RHD is no longer on the cards.

Apart from the UK, Australia and New Zealand are the only other major RHD markets for the Edge/Endura, so if it gets cancelled in the UK, I can't imagine Ford will continue with the idea for our part of the world.

In Europe it sold 9,527 Units in 2018, which is 40% down on 2017 figures! Not sure what the figures are for the UK for the Edge/Endura?

If Ford in the US decide to focus on LHD products, it only leave Ford Europe to give us anything.
Eurotrash is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: