View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 10:53 AM   #404
prydey
Rob

Default Re: SA (2018) Ford Focus

Just subscribing to this thread. My daughter and fiance bought one last night. Basically brand new. 2020 model but first reg July 2021, so warranty until 2026. That was a nice bonus. Only 10k km. It has the optional driver assistance pack so gets adaptive cruise, blind spot etc.

The only thing that caught her out a bit, which wasn't a deal breaker, is seeming lack of climate control. We knew it didn't have dual zone but in the features list ford say single zone climate.. Reading more carefully we noted it did set manual instead of auto. Once upon a time climate control referred to an automatic system, otherwise it was just a/c.

I haven't read back through the thread so apologies if some things are already discussed. How's the little ecoboost go for economy around the suburbs? They're also planning a trip to Brisbane at xmas. Neither are in to cars but I told them the smaller wheels will probably offer quite a comfortable ride on the open road. With only 2 people and a bit of luggage I reckon it should do 6's. With only a 52L tank that should still offer reasonable range. We've done that journey a lot as a family so she is quite familiar with town spacings etc.

They pick it up on Thursday so pretty keen to have a look at it myself. We own a current escape though so already familiar with the inside layout in a way.

I'll start reading back through the thread now to see what I've missed.