View Single Post
Old 15-07-2022, 07:39 PM   #139
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Century Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
It seems Sparesbox has gotten a little bit of a bad wrap in another post, but this still may interest you.

https://www.sparesbox.com.au/part/su...x-182h-mm-mf50

Not on special, just its normal price. But strangely $14 cheaper than the 550CCA Silver version. Would have been good to buy on a special.

If you can get free delivery it would be a bargain.

Warranty states it a nationwide and doesn't have to go back to Sparesbox for warranty. Can be taken to any authorised reseller.
Not a bad price, I relocated the new warranty replaced Century Battery from the BF GT to the EL GLI (just came in from the garage this second), as my daughter needs to drive to work tomorrow morning and Sunday and I could not decide on a battery to buy Something I would hardly have given a second thought in the past.

I don't NEED to drive the GT in the next week or two so it's currently battery less till I buy something, hopefully that will motivate me to make a decision, as I can drive the GT again as soon as I buy a battery

I think I will leave the new replacement Century battery in the EL which gets driven at least 4 times week, I have written the date on the actual battery and taken a time stamped photo and video of it with the date written on it as evidence that it was fitted today.

If it fails within the next 40 months I will be insisting on a replacement.

Now to get a battery for there GT.

I quite regularly use spares box, living in a reasonably remote rural area, 80% of my car parts are send to me as I can not buy most stuff locally even if I wanted to. My experiences have been good so far.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote