View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 05:10 PM   #125
JGP

Default Re: Century Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobiXR6T View Post
I'm onto my 3rd century in the BF XR6T. I've had to replace them around every 2-3 years. The last one which was HD with 36month warranty crapped it in 2 years. Just gave up one day and wouldn't throw the bendix out on the starter motor. Took the battery to place of purchase, tested as dead and replaced under warranty.

At about 24months in now, and again car will sometimes struggle to turn over. Sometimes it starts, but certainly isn't cranking as quickly as expected. Been through the charging system and earth/grounds. Everything else checks out but the batteries just don't hold up.
exactly my issue mate. Even daily driven, cold weather it will need one crank and then fires up on the second. With new batteries it doesnt do this.
Tried 600+cca etc no change. I reckon something to do with ICC, i'm getting it replaced with an aerpro setup soon(ish).
Whiteline sway bars,nolathane bushes, Koni reds,Kings springs,nolathane camber kit,whiteline bump stops.
Built tailshaft + billet cv, ZF + PWR exchanger + braided lines, Superpro diff bushes.
JGP is offline   Reply With Quote