View Single Post
Old 16-06-2022, 03:27 PM   #1970
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

I do understand the younger ones woe is me and all and at the same time I like to say harden up ! and live with less......
I'm older than a few of you (not by much haha) and 3 kids at varying ages, 30/21/17, I tell my wife when she has a moan about one or all of them I say hey, we brought them up ?!
Compared to what my wife and I grew up with (which was 2/5ths of f all but damn happy) ours are spoilt - I say that very lightly for no way near what you may think.
We've been the last to give in to every single new tech thing that started coming out way back like play station etcetc..the very last.
We always said NO not yet and or earn it do your chores, we're told we're mean back then lol.
Easy hand outs were not in our way of bringing them up thats for sure.
During those times both of us worked our butts off, I've been in my fam business for a long time, never overpaid until we finally reaped the rewards after putting so much into the business, talking cars as Fordo I didn't get my own NEW car till 2016 the Sprint.
I said enough is enough wifey gets a new Mazda in 2018.
Prior all were pre owned good low k someone else copped the hit.
No expensive hols here there but good smart buying hols on deals or those wonderful drive fam hols you cherish more than any over priced gucci type hol.
In the meantime we always put in extra in the mortgage to knock it off - that was the primary goal ! and done. Sacrifice, thats life from the dark ages to today.
Invested wash rinse do it again.
I couldn't retire like you YT early, got mates who have as well, couldn't bare it, I like my 4day week and thats flexi in any case.
Eldest just got married, they have saved their rings off ready to buy, no diff to us way back then.....
No2 is a smart cookie and has played in the share market and picked up some great gains prior the recent drop, enough to start considering buying a apartment investment here in Syd, thats no mean feat at 21, sure he's living at home but whilst a portion of his mates are partying more he's partying smarter.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"

Last edited by FTE217; 16-06-2022 at 03:48 PM.
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: