View Single Post
Old 23-12-2016, 04:17 PM   #11
Optional

Default Re: Qld flash for cash cameras

Quote:
Originally Posted by XByoot View Post
The sad thing is I do actually drive the speed limit,at the frustration of many drivers...unfortunately the cameras don't catch the idiots going off because you have the hide to drive the speed limit and hold them up for a few seconds on their far more important schedule. At least these things are highly visible (for now) so they will make people drive the limit,compared to a hidden camera where someone can drive thru at 200 kph,cause and accident or kill someone and all they get is a bill in the mail. Nothing better than real people policing and spotting the real law beakers in my book,but that's not good for business of gov co.
Whilst I agree about idiots, sometimes the people who drive 'under the limit' can be dangerous too.

Had a scary experience traveling from Newcastle to Sydney in the back seat with my mother and her husband.

He set his cruise control on 109kph, moved to the right lane and didn't move out of it all the way. Constantly berating the idiots who think they are so important he should move out of the way so they can speed.

Whole trip was cars tailgating us, flashing lights and blowing horns as they undertook. All of which just made him madder and more determined he was right and the 30 or 40 cars he made undertake him were all just idiots speeding.

I don't think I've ever felt more likely to be involved in accident than during that trip. Mum says he does the same every trip. Not sure how she takes it.
Optional is offline   Reply With Quote
8 users like this post: