View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #73
macman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Au Rust Thread., Warning, Dont Look If U Cant Handle Sight Of Rust

I doubt there are many AU's around that are so rusty they're actually dangerous...

My AU2 has rust bubbling along the underside front edge of the bonnet - doesn't bother me one bit as it's on the inside "skin" and not usually visible so I just oil it or give it a spray with WD40 whenever I do a wash. Three years and it's not become any worse than when I first got the car.

Also the boot strut mount had the beginnings of rust. Removed any flaking paint, cleaned with rust converter and painted with killrust black paint. Problem solved, not perfect but you wouldn't notice it and it still hasn't got any worse.

Last bit of rust on my AU2 was under the spoiler. Same deal, clean, convert, paint (then spray with WD40 every now and then).

My AU1 had a little rust too. Passenger side inner sill had a patch the size of a 10c coin. Had it plated and painted and then just WD40 on occasions.

I noticed it had some surface rust on the A-pillar on the drivers side but hadn't penetrated so just put a smear of oil over it occasionally to keep it at bay.
macman is offline   Reply With Quote