View Single Post
Old 14-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #8
xwsarebset

Default Re: WHY!! XP - collapsible steering column with V8?

I have in the past done xrs and xts using an xw xy column very easy to fit, you can then put xr xt coffee pot etc on xw xy column and install your original indicator switch assembly and steering wheel take an expert to pick and no structural integrety modications to steering assembly. I also done this to my compact fairlane i had over twenty years ago. I am unable to remember if the xk to xps have flex link on the steering box the same as the compact fairlanes and xw xy or solid shaft same as xr xt.
when working on these old girls it is amazing what parts are completely interchangeable,without any structural changes to parts just mix and match.
If you are worried about coloured lenses no reson why you cannot do what the new car manufacturers do and fit orange or red coloured bulbs behind the clear lenses. if you cant then that would make a lot of new cars unregisterable off the showroom floor.
I always say look and measure the size of the beast before you butcher it.

Last edited by xwsarebset; 14-01-2013 at 10:27 PM. Reason: added extra information about coloured lights
xwsarebset is offline   Reply With Quote