View Single Post
Old 24-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #260
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 
Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
Incidentally, I see Flat Rock Assembly (FRAP) now has responsibility for next gen Taurus AND Lincoln MKS production, in addition to the Mustang and Fusion. Along the lines of what I have said before, that is an AWFUL lot of work for one assembly plant, and RHD Mustangs are going to be a real pain for them with all that model and parts complexity. Australia could become the RHD production hub for Mustangs, globally, which would make sense if the next gen Mustang and the 2014 Falcon are sharing more than just good looks.
I wasn't really with you on this previously, but the recent Taurus announcement makes it a bit more plausible.

However, there's still going to be a question of costs somewhere. Either Falcon stays and Broadmeadows takes on a Mustang line or gets converted to a CD4 line. History shows that Holden spent $600m on an already developed Cruze and Mitsubishi spent a similar amount on a face lifted Galant. How many hundreds of millions will it cost to adapt Broadmeadows to produce Mustang?
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote