View Single Post
Old 23-03-2019, 08:59 PM   #82
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: car sales Feb 2019. Ford getting towards 2000 more than holden

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000 View Post
From the ruling:

Quote:
20. Accordingly, provided that employee use of these dual cab vehicles in a particular FBT year is restricted to travel to and from work and any travel that is incidental to travel in the course of performing duties of employment, there will be no FBT liability.
That last part means not private use outside of work hours.

So I guess this is the real question, how many who own / lease duel cab utes claim part of them via ato and seeing that this rule is effective now will it impact the sales numbers of duel cabs and have company's now focusing on single cabs?
That's not a new rule, Non-FBT vehicles are only supposed to be used between home and work and whatever incidental business related dravel occurs while on the clock.

Quote:
I know that at my work they are looking at how this FBT ruling will impact them and are considering scrapping duel cab rangers for single cab utes instead.
Same rules apply, can't use them to drive everywhere over the weekend. Larger companies are now using
in-vehicle monitoring to monitor drivers actions (acceleration, speed , sudden braking) as well as virtual
"fence" of 2 km perimeter over the weekend.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote