View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 08:57 PM   #68
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Default Re: Gender identity, are you male, female or a space ship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
One thing here confuses me, you say the parenting does not matter regardless of gender/sex or sexual orientation.

Biologically this makes no sense, as mammals generally require a male and female of the species to come together to produce offspring. I don't think that bigoted, I think that is how nature made it over millions of years of evolution.

It only seems that it has apparently changed in the last few years as parts of acceptance, but I am still intrigues how they produce offspring
It's ok to be confused mate, the important thing is not to be closed-minded.

Looking at things biologically is looking at the whole situation through a very narrow lens.

Homosexuality and trans-genderism has been around for millennia, and it's not just something confined to humans.

However in humans it has probably caused millions and millions of people to kill themselves, or live a lie, or risk being ostracised/cast out or prosecuted and jailed/executed by the whim of a Court.

I'd like to think we're actually maturing as a species that this sort of thing can be debated openly, albeit not fully accepted (yet).

Good parenting skills aren't confined to those following the traditional male/female roles, nor is it a given to those following the traditional male/female roles. You can be good or rubbish parent, no matter what gender/sexual preference you have.

Kids brought up in same-sex families with good parenting role models are no more likely to grow up homosexual, or anything else, than a child brought up in a traditional family where the parents hate each other and are distant to the child/children involved.

If anything they are more likely to be a hell of a lot more tolerant of other people than someone brought up to be narrow-minded and so certain 'their' way is the 'only' way.

Remember you don't have to like it, you don't even have to understand it, you just need to accept it.
Ratmick is online now   Reply With Quote
11 users like this post: