View Single Post
Old 13-01-2017, 02:08 AM   #58
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Euthanasia - your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypzy View Post
It's taken a while to work up the courage to do this because it's quite upsetting.
Brave post. I clipped it only for brevity. No offence intended. There's no doubt you and yours are in for some hard yards. All the best with it and thanks for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypzy View Post
So there you go. Two very different, real life scenarios but with the same end result. One that still has the capacity to make their own decisions, and decide them selves on their own destiny, what ever that may be. And one that, has no capability of making any sort of decision to do with pretty much anything.
I know what i would do in both situations. Just need it to be controlled, and clean.
To my way of thinking it's clear cut.

We allow people who are of sound mind to make their decision.

People who are not of sound mind don't have the option. I'm certainly not in favour of "putting people down". (I'm not suggesting that you are. Merely stating my position).

That is actually a difficult one.

On the one hand we'd be saying that we should have the right to end needless pain and suffering and on the other hand we'd be saying "except for you".

I don't have a satisfactory answer.

ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: