View Single Post
Old 02-03-2024, 05:35 PM   #40
AlanM

Default Re: Timing belt replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goz007 View Post
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/274661573190
for anyone whos interested, i bought this & for the money it looks good, i'll report back after ive done the belt & H,P pump oil leak(but my early thoughts are it will be good) also a little footnote about the H.P pump its also timed so engine timing needs to be locked@flywheel & cams(like anything it can be done not locking crank with a heap of paint pen marks & u remove valve cover-imo for the cost of the kit its just asking for tears by not locking the crank timing up)or u could end up removing & being 180deg out on pump timing.
I can't see how you could be 180deg out, because you lock the camshaft in place. And if the cam was 180 out, it would be pretty easy to notice. The locking pin wouldn't go in.

You have to rely on timing marks on the hp fuel pump anyway, there's no way to lock it.

To use the flywheel lock I believe you need to remove the starter motor. I've done that on an MC. It's not fun. Maybe it's easier on the MD.

Anyway I'm not being argumentative, it's just that as far as I can see, if you mark the crankshaft (and you can mark the timing belt too if you like,) and when the crank pulley bolt is fully torqued up and you've turned the engine over a couple of revolutions and everything still lines up, I just can't see how it could be wrong.
AlanM is offline   Reply With Quote