Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 02:04 PM   #10491
tweeked
N/A all the way

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
I think we are getting some of the issues mixed up. Last I heard, McGowan's gripe was the purpose of travel being approved to hot spots i.e. wedding. I don't follow him religiously, so he may have said something else that I've missed.

I don't think most people have an issue with the temporary border closure, well I certainly don't, but the "jail term" is the thing that sits a bit funny. Has ANY premier come out publicly to back the jail term penalty? And how temporary is temporary, because it ain't gonna be fixed by the 15 May.

Obviously lots on here don't agree.

Anyone who is not sure if the penalties are proportionate, just ask yourself, how would one have reacted if this was imposed by Dan Andrews Will bet my left nut the response would be completely different. So yes, I agree there are elements of politics.

No mixing up on McGowan - he has been silient since the ban came in, which is before the penalties where stated.

He asked for it:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-...ases/100086558

He heard that it was probably coming:

https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...0-eb6d5693854b

then nothing since......even before any talk of the penalties

But on that, are the people upset at that think there should be nothing resulting from circumventing the "no travel from India"? I am glad a gov finally thought about it and made it clear that you cannot just come in through the back door, rather than realising after a thousand odd people did it and we have our hotel quarantine blown out of the water by huge case numbers.

We now have breathing space to work out what to do in a controlled fashion. Don't get me wrong, I have said this is temporary and should be. I am expecting the Feds to have a good answer in the next 10 days, and will be disappointed if the dont.

4 users like this post: