View Single Post
Old 31-07-2016, 01:47 AM   #98
DaveD_XB

Default Re: My XB Coupe RestoMod

Next day I tried a method a mate told me to try & I loosened off all four bolts that hold the body side of the engine mount to the cross member & that made all the difference, just that extra mm or 2 of movement made the job of getting the passenger side mount bolt in.. too easy

With the engine in place I have clearance between the sump & the cross member.. not heaps, but I can get my fingers in the gap so I’m happy with that

The back of the sump also clears the rubber gator of the steering rack by about 5mm now & the back of the engine should come up one the transmission is installed & it’s cross member pulls the back of the engine up

Next job was to bolt on the new extractors, they are just a little bigger in diameter that then outgoing ones, I’m confident that they’ll fit no issues in the engine bay… but the big unknown for me was how they would route past the steering rack on the way out

Clearance between the block & the passenger side tower is fine as expected (I’m still in two minds as to cutting the towers out to give more room for cooling & ease of access or not, genuinely don’t know which way I’ll go there)

More importantly clearance of the passenger side extractor over the steering rack is great

1972 Dodge Challenger R/T - Mopar Weekend Toy
1969 GTO - Pontiac Weekend Toy
DaveD_XB is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: