View Single Post
Old 23-10-2012, 06:04 PM   #221
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWAU
Only the 6 cylinder EcoLPI is as far I know, not the petrol one.
LPi is putting out Euro 6 levels at the tailpipe. But the petrol 6 can supposedly go to Euro 5 quite easily, its just wether the development dollars justify it or not I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE
seems ford AS USUAL is on the right track. Its a long time till 2014 and all the forum fans and the evergood journos just start writing garbage as early as they want. looks like ford has a great plan ahead with an awesome lineup. Only downside is, we may have to loose a few things like maybe the 4.0 six. But if we keep the ecolpi..its the same thing only better. Looks like lateish next year well get a good SOLID sneak peak to interest maybe possible vf buyers and not dent current models to much. Sounds like a feaseable plan to me.
You can't just make the LPi versions, there's no way it would be cost effecitive to run the casting and engine plants to just build 20-30 LPi engines a day and not spread the expense across a whole range of petrol, turbo and LPG variants. I really can't see how they can even do it cost effectively at 85 engines a day they will be running after the downbalance, considering we used to run at 480 a day 10 years ago.

Fixed costs don't change much between 480 and 85.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote