View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 08:53 AM   #19
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 6 pot Brembo Brake pad prices and choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWT View Post
Hi RegSpec, Do you run the Winmax W1 on both the front & rear?
I'm very over the dust from the Brembo pads, so glad to hear a good review on them.
Some background....
I compete in supersprints and started out with Ferodos on the car as a street/track pad..
They weren't too bad as a track pad but since they got so hot at the track they squealed like buggery on the road and the dust was ridiculous.....
Talked to Matt and I ended up getting a second set of rotors and pads so I could swap between races and street duty.....not a big deal because I take the wheels off to fit semis for competition anyway....
I run Winmax W7 on the racetrack and there awesome.....180kph into turn 2 at Eastern Creek and not much less into Turn 8 and they just pull up every time.....very happy there...
For road use we went to the opposite end of the scale and went with W1's because I don't want dust or the squealing when I stop at the lights...
Soft pad that isn't really made for "sustained" high speed stops but still very effective when you need to pull it up in a hurry and best of all....no squeal and bugger all dust.......
Regarding wear......I installed them over 12 months ago and only checked them last week when I serviced the car......still look almost new....
Well worth a try mate....;)
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: