View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #4
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 
Default Re: HELP, images appear upside down (or right way up)

Thanks Col, but that won't help with photos already taken. That site suggests its Microsoft that is the problem, why am I not surprised.

Quote:
This is unfair to Apple and Apple's users because it really isn't their fault! When you take a photo on your iPad, iPhone and many/most digital cameras the photo contains information about the orientation of the camera when the photo was taken. It is the job of the software (email program, file manager, photo software) being used to display the photo to read this information and display the photo correctly.

Unfortunately, not all software respects this - and Microsoft Windows Explorer is one of them!! So, by all means, complain about or to the software producers but don't blame Apple. All Apple software displays them correctly.
I guess I'll just need to use my iPad the way Microsoft thinks is conventional and anyone viewing my thread on an apple device will just have to invert it to view the pics
This user likes this post: