View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 11:52 PM   #28
JACK250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilXY
I here ya Jack. Im 19 and have done a 3 year resto on an XY GT rep, drive an XB GS as a daily and currently doing a 351 XE panel van with the old man. We are a dying breed but hey it makes us unique. P.S. most girls love my cars so the less of us with them the better for us ey.

Also doesn't go for just cars, i know you have good taste in music. Also something dying amoung us younger gen. Up Led Zep haha!
Yeah not sure if the chicks will dig my sin bin or not... We'll see. Yeah definitely not common, I have a few mates into good music (being in a band helps) but yeah gotta agree with davway that if your parents aren't into it, makes it harder. I was lucky dad has always had classics as I've grown up, but I have seen plenty of young guys whose parents are into the classics that go the late model commodore due to that's what all their mates do... So even the ones with 'potential' often get talked out of it.

PS, I think a lot of the young guys in this thread and on the forum in general would be an exception due to them being exposed to older cars a lot more. When I joined the forum aged 12 despite loving old cars I didn't even know the difference between an XA sedan or Coupe, the forum has taught me a lot.
JACK250 is offline   Reply With Quote