View Single Post
Old 24-10-2017, 05:49 AM   #16
mancavedweller

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent control blade article. 
Default Re: Anyone experienced the problem with the Powershift double clutch transmissions ??

Fair enough GTlegend, but the vague information I was given about the consumer department was told to me by a Ford dealer.

Oh, and I haven't suggested anywhere that an overnight fix should have happened, although many think the answer would have been better pre-release testing of this gearbox.

However, what I have noticed is that it seems to have taken Ford about 5 YEARS to finally come up with a fix that actually works (re. Kevino and the ceramic clutch February this year).

There's also plenty stories out there on the net of users going back to Ford dealers and being given the runaround with this issue (I've personally had a Ford dealer try to give me some real good BS about an engine problem our Territory had + and a $1400 solution !! Our local mechanic said Ford were trying to rip me off and he fixed it for $400 and been running great for years).

So I'm not as protective of Ford as some are.
mancavedweller is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: