View Single Post
Old 23-10-2017, 10:58 PM   #15
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Anyone experienced the problem with the Powershift double clutch transmissions ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancavedweller View Post
The 2012 one that I seen had an asking price of $10K (car dealer drive away price).

I think the gearbox issue has gave them a bad reputation, plus a lot of stories of Ford trying to get out of fixing it. I think the only reason they have this 7 year recall fix is due to the Australian Consumer Department forcing them to do so.

I see zillions of Mazda 2/3, small Toyotas, Nissans, Hyundais, etc, etc, but I hardly see any of these Fiestas. I wonder where they all are.
FYI The 7 year warranty came about long before the ACCC did their investigation it was at Fords own hand and trying to do the right thing that the extended warranty came about. They realised the problem and tried to the best they could even though it took some time to work through the issues. Engineering fixes just don't happen overnight. The problem needs to be identified, a solution sort, manufacture of parts, testing and validation etc. I think the issue is finally sorted now..
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: